Founded in Bom Retiro district, Corinthians passed years of its history playing in the earth field in José Paulino Street and after in the Florestafield, in Ponte Grande district, in a piece of land that was donated by the city hall in 1918, and transformed in a stadium with the sweat and the work of the players and the directors of the club themselves. The move to Fazendinha (Little Farm) stadium was only in 1926. The area located at the border of the Tietê River belonged to Sirio club and was bought by the president Ernesto Cassano, for 750 contos of réis, paid in instalments in a period of ten years. The president Alfredo Schurig improved the field, built stands on the stadium and baptized with his own name the new Corinthians home.

The stadium, without illumination, was inaugurated in July, 22, 1928 in a friendly game againstAmérica, from Rio de Janeiro. The game draw 2-2 and was seen by 2 thousand people, the maximum capacity of the stadium at that time. The two Corinthians goals were kicked by De Maria, the first one at the 29 seconds of the game. The system of illumination of the stadium was inaugurated in February, 25, 1961, in a gala night for Corinthians, that defeated 7-2 Flamengo, from Rio.

The São Jorge Park also has, in a constructed area of 158 thousand square meters, lots of courts for several sports, two gymnasiums, a restaurant with a panoramic view, the social and administrative site and one of the largest acquatic parks in Brazil. There, in the Corinthians city, the 100 thousand club associates enjoy an ideal structure for recreation and sport.

PUCSP Home Page
Núcleo de Computação Científica da PUCSP
Marcio's Homepage
Timão - Página Principal

Comentários e sugestões poderão ser encaminhados via e_mail para

ou preenchendo o nosso Livro de Visitantes agora mesmo.
Lá você poderá, se for o caso, adicionar sua URL. Será um grande prazer ter sua visita registrada em nossa página.